Any tourist wanting to visit India must obtain a prior tourist visa in order to enter the country. Tourists can stay in India for a maximum of 3 months visa-free and are assigned Temporary visitor status. It is important to know that India tourist visa doesn’t allow any traveler to engage in any kind of paid work while in the country. International travelers whose sole objective is sightseeing or a short visit to meet friends or relatives are eligible for a tourist visa in India.
- Passport: Applicant must submit their current, signed passport. A visa is a stamp or sticker applied to the passport by the Embassy or consulate, therefore the original passport is required.
- Photo Requirement: Applicant must submit two (2) identical, color, passport style photographs (no glasses may be worn). The photos must be recent and generally should not be the same used for the passport itself.
- Proof of Travel: Applicant must submit a flight reservation from a travel agency or online booking tool (such as an e-confirmation) showing a departure from the destinations.
- Proof of Residency: Applicant must submit a legible color copy of their driver's license or state-issued ID. If the applicant does not have a state-issued ID or has recently moved and not updated their ID, the applicant must also provide a recent utility bill (sewer, water, electric).
- For children under 18: please provide a current copy of BOTH parents or legal guardian’s driver's license or state ID. If you have P.O. Box listed on your driver's license (or do not have a driver’s license), please provide Utility bill (e.g. Gas, Electricity, Sewer) showing parents’ names and physical address (for each parent). The address must match the child's home address listed on the application (in cases where BOTH parents or legal guardians addresses do not match, the father's address will override and must be the one listed on the application).
All visa applicants under 18 MUST include a copy of the birth certificate. No abridged birth certificates are allowed. Depending on your nationality at birth, these are the documents that are accepted.
- Particulars Form: Applicant must submit Particulars Form.
- Visa Application: Applicant must submit one completed visa application using the link below. After clicking the link, click on the orange box on the right labeled "Regular Visa Application" to begin completing the online application. Once completed, print confirmation. Applications must be printed single-sided and signed in blue or black ink only.