Visa Requirement For China
Any tourist wanting to visit China must obtain a prior tourist visa in order to enter the country. Tourists can stay in Japan for a maximum of 3 months visa-free and are assigned Temporary visitor status. It is important to know that China tourist visa doesn’t allow any traveler to engage in any kind of paid work while in the country.
- Passport: Applicant must submit their current, signed passport. A visa is a stamp or sticker applied to the passport by the Embassy or consulate, therefore the original passport is required.
- Photo Requirement: Applicant must submit two (2) identical, color, passport style photographs (no glasses may be worn). The photos must be recent and generally should not be the same used for the passport itself.
- Proof of Travel: Applicant must submit a flight reservation from a travel agency or online booking tool (such as an e-confirmation) showing a departure from the destination.
- Hotel Reservations: Applicant must submit a copy of a confirmed hotel reservation. This may be a separate document or part of a complete travel itinerary.
- Copy of Driver's License: Applicant must submit a legible color copy of a driver's license or state-issued ID.
- Previous Chinese Visa Applicants: For applicants who have previously held Chinese visas, the Embassy and consulate offices often request copies of previous visas. If the previous visa is in the current passport there is no action required. If the visa was in an old passport, please include either the old passport or clear color copies of the visas from the old passport. If an applicant does not have the old passport, the applicant may write a letter addressed to the Chinese Embassy explaining why they cannot provide copies of the old visas (such as the previous passport lost, stolen, damaged, etc.). The applicant must sign and date the letter.
- Visa Application: Applicant must submit one complete, signed visa application. Applications MUST be printed SINGLE-SIDED and signed in blue or black ink only. Original signatures are required.